For nearly a year, I have been living and working in rural towns — helping communities share their voice through digital strories, media interviews and community engagement.
As the pandemic hit, life, as we know it, halted.
I am lucky. Today I am residing in a small desert town, helping nonprofits, community leaders create community messaging, provide resources,and get tools they need to protect their communties and prepare for tough times ahead.
Your support will help me — help them better.
GOING RURAL has always operated on a teeny, tiny shoestring budget. I live and travel on the income of the average rural women, so I personally know the challenges, and feel the strain.
HERE’S HOW YOUR SPONSORHIP WILL BE USED:
~ GIVING TO COMMUNIITIES IN NEED: Because of the relationships I’ve built over the last two years, I am working with small communities to support them develop strategies to adapt to these viral times, gain access to resources to keep their communities as safe as possible, and also plan for ‘What’s Next?’.
~VITAL COMMUNITY ENGAGMENT: I have adapted the digital stories project to create virtual PSAs and stories for nonprofits and community events to keep people informed, uplifted and engaged — even during isolation.
AS A ‘THANK YOU’ FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT:
- All sponsors, whatever the level, will have my deepest gratitude.
- With a contribution of $50, your name will be listed on the right column as a sponsor.
- With a contribution of $100, your name/business will be listed with a link .
- With a contribution of $400, all the above plus a gift from the road.
- With a contribution of $600 or more, all the above plus, plus .. plus karma points forever!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
If you know of others, a group, or and organization who would like to become sponsors, please share.